Friday 29 December 2006

Late Night Sustenance

After the massive lunch I had and while i was not very hungry i thought it was important we ate dinner so not to bascially starve during the night. With spare mince and not wanting to eat anything to heavy i decided on beef and lamb rissoles with salad.

Reading through Food.Fashion.Ferrets one of my favs I noticed one recipe that caught my attention a while back and got me craving exactly that, rissoles, made normally but with Fetta! So with that in mind i went and bought some Bulgarian fetta (my favourite) and went on to make the rissoles.


I used alittle bit of Lamb and beef mince (a ratio of 2:1). and threw in everything i had onion, garlic, oregono, rosemary, parsely, egg, grated carrot and the not so secret ingredient...FETTA!
It really did make the dish it, you could taste the fetta but it wasnt over powering and added the salt that was needed, i was very satisfied and because i amd so much I can have some today for lunch yey.



ready to be made into rissoles mmm





I topped it with some garlic mushrooms but was too excited and took a bite before even contemplating an image and 2 secons later it was gone....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

the rissoles look so droolworthy - nat

Thyme to Feast said...

Nat - simple but delicious yes it was