Thursday 18 January 2007

Guzman Y Gomez

OK im sitting here at my computer and never have I felt so satisfied with my meal. Im at the peak of fullness with a great taste of my mexican just lingering in my mouth.

So Pole dancing (classes no im not a professional) usually leaves me with little time to make food so its usually our eating out night (like every other night) tonight i decided to shout Eddie some good Mexican.

Having only had a chance to go to Guzman Y Gomez once before (and loving it) we decided to grab some take out from there again.

Its 8:30 on a Thursday night, parking in Newtown is a shocker and the crowd inside is enormous with a line almost spilling out to the path, with this sight Eddie suggest bugerfeul, Burgerlicious, anything but I was determined to stay because my cravings were strong. Luckily the line although long moved very fast and we were soon at the front of the line.

I ordered the 2 tacos deal for $7.90 one for a filling of D.F Steak and Onions and the other with Beef Zacatecas both with Pico De Gallo - Medium Hot Salsa, Eddie wanted Quesadillas (2 pack as well) 1 with Grilled Mushrooms and the other with D.F Steak and Onions both with Roasted Tomato (mild) salsa ($7.30), being absolutely starving i also ordered Sofrito Rice (2.80) and chips and salsa ($6.50).

My Beef Zacatecas Taco with Pico De Gallo Salsa

Sofrito Rice

Both the Tacos and Quesadilla come wrapped tightly in foil with funky colour coded stickers for different menu choices. The tacos were delicious and chock full of meat and veg (beans) inside soft tortillas, I was stuffed but I made sure i left room for the chips and fresh salsa (I ate tomatos!!!! this is a big deal for me) and rice. Eddies Quesadilla were pretty small and i dont think 2 of those would have satisfied me (im expecting him to go get some maccas tonight) but he also agreed that it was all delicious, even eating rice which he doesnt usually do.


Salsa and Sofrito Rice


Eddies Half eaten Steack and Onion Quesadilla with Roasted Tomato Salsa on top (I tried to get in before he took a bite but alas!)


Chips and Salsa YUMM

Last time we visited Guzman Y Gomez we ordered Burritos, they are huge, I couldnt even finish mine and thats saying alot!

This place is truly a new fave and i will make sure i head back there very soon...

Guzman Y Gomez
175 King St
Newtown

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Will you please take me here!! - nat

Thyme to Feast said...

Absolutely Nat!