Monday 22 January 2007

Yee King Fresh - Haymarket

I am utterly stuffed just thinking about what I have eaten this weekend.

My brother Tony is staying over and considering its the first time he has ever paid a visit I have been the over excited sister with money (ok thats a lie im shit broke now) to burn on satisfying food.

Tony is the traditional asian food lover he likes to go to all the little joints in China Town that offer cheap absolutely delicious meals, I love when he visits because I always discover something new, Im ashamed to say i never go to China Town but i think i will make much more of an effort from now on.

First Stop Yee King in Haymarket. Tony and I have been talking about places that we have enjoyed in China Town for different reasons and little did we know we were talking about the same place!

Yee King may not offer comfy seats and welcome smiles but they offer very large absolutely delicious Northern Chinese meals at such a low price!

Tony recommended the Pork ribs with shallots and chilli which is wrapped in foil as well as Beef noodles in XO sauce, I then added my bit which was pork and buk choi dumplings.

The meals came out very quickly but obvisouly i had to make the boys wait til i took my pics!


Pork Spare Ribs with shallots and Chilli...words can not explain...

The pork was melt in your mouth soft, Eddie was able to tear at the meal with a spoon to seperate it all.






Pork and Buk Choi Dumplings

The dumplings were light and tasty but you get 12 for about $6, we were stuffed.



Beef Noodles in XO sauce


The noodles while delicious were quite plain, so i didnt eat much of this and also i had filled up too much on pork, rice and dumplings.

I was trying to convince the guys to get the Pekingnese Noodle with meat sauce but they werent interested, that will be for next time.

Overall I love this place, im coming back again, I love quiet, fast and unintruding service in additon to great food, you've got yourself a winner!

Ok more pics, we saw these prawn and octopus balls a.k.a Takoyaki (thanks Chocolate Suze) ok I dont eat seafood but they looked interesting.

Prawn Balls
These little cakes looked so good but i was so stuffed i couldnt do it, and when i tried, Eddie tore the note out of my hand and told me not to be silly. So next time.

Little Asian Cakes with fillings such as Red Bean, Green Tea, Custard, Chocolate and Vanilla

Yee King Fresh

408 Sussex St

Haymarket

Phone (02) 9211 1138

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

lol looks like you got those little pancake things from a store called hontou pancakes the custard ones are pretty good and the prawn balls are called takoyaki

Thyme to Feast said...

chocolatesuze Thanks! I had no idea lol Im definately giving the custard ones a go. Are they as good as those emperor balls?