Monday 22 January 2007

Newtons Cocina

I love this place! Not completely old school, not completely modern, a little from column A a little from Column B.

This has always been a favourite and I was really excited to introduce Tone to this place. The only issue was even pushing the booking back to 9pm we were still pretty stuffed so it was hard to truly appreicate the Newtons like we usually do.

On every visit you get a complimentary Chilli shot - Yuk not my thing, the first and last time i tried this i woke up in the worst rash on my face and had to go to the docs :(

Chilli Shot - Consume at your own Risk!!

I ordered Frozen Strawberry Daquiris for Tone and I while Eddie was soft and drank Solo. Tone wasnt fond of the Daquiri but i thought it was delish!

Frozen Strawberry Daquiri

For starters we got Chimichanges filled with potato and cheese with a sweet basil type sauce. Conveniently it came in 3 so we all got to grab one of these light flavoursome pillows for ourselves.


Chimichangas filled with potato and cheese


Then for mains I ordered the Vegetariano, I love this even with no meat it is so good...deep fried tortilla with whole roasted garlic in mashed potato with jalepeno cheese sauce and salad with cargrilled lemon.


Vegeteriano - I tried so hard to get a good pic but look at it is a deep fried tube with potato and cheese oozing out


Tony and Eddie both got a Quasedilla filled with Chorizo and garlic mash, this also came with mexican rice and salad. I have ahd this before, it is a favourite.



Quasedilla with Chorizo and Garlic Mash


You leave Newtons filling so satisfied (this particualr night, we all kind of felt partly satisfied partly about to puke our guts up from eating so much) but overall happy.

Newtons Cocina

403 King Street

Newtown

Phone (02) 9519 8211

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I would like to eat this please - Quasedilla with Chorizo and Garlic Mash
- nat

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

you're making me so hungryyy i love that place... even the chilli shots. the vegetariano is amazing!

Thyme to Feast said...

Tania i know seriously and the serving sizes are so huge