Monday 19 February 2007

Bodhi's Vegetarian Yum Cha

Went to Bodhis on Saturday Morning with Kirsten and Tania. We went overboard saying yes to everything, we really should have paced ourselves but we didnt and we rolled out after...


I didnt like these much it was sweet on the outside and savoury on the inside....so very wrong


Curry Puffs....yeah I could have gotten this from an Indian Takeaway...again i felt ripped off


Mushroom Dumplings...finally we are onto a winner


YUMM i loved these - mushrooms with bok choy

Fried bean curd

I know gross picture but i forgot!! these were yum too

Spinach dumplings - yummo

These were the absolute WORST brown rice with seaweed, really strong seawed flaour, I had a little bit and put it in Kirsts bowl...she gave up as well lol


Red Bean dessert puff things we didnt eat these til later...When we did we shared one - again very full..

Deep fried bean curd things these were yum different from the other bean curds we had, these were really light.

Fake versions of one of my faves...i didnt eat these because Tania pulled a funny face when she took a bite and i was was getting really really full.

these meat versions are MY FAVES....I dont know if I was excited about these because...really i was SO full, had these have come out earlier I would have probably gone...nuts. Abit light on the sauce though.

YUM surprise of the day, these were delicious...BBQ buns yummm

AND YOU THOUGHT IT WAS OVER ??



We walked to China town to catch the light rail and after waiting ages for those cakey pancakey filled with filling things at the markets I settled with Emperor Puffs YUUMMM HOT and cheap....oozing with delicious custard oh and 5 for $1....

Biggest Downside? I love my dumplings with Hot CHilli Sauce and they didnt have it, the waitresses were mainly nice, one evil one but overall pretty damn good service...but no hot chilli sauce.

Bodhi's
Lower Level, Cook and Phillip Park (near St Mary’s Cathedral)City
(02) 9360 2523

1 comment:

Unknown said...

the seiw mai, really wasn't great but how happy was i that they brought out the bbq buns? they were easily my favourites of the day! It was so good! Thanks for taking me Khem. I loved it!