Wednesday 21 February 2007

Vegetarian Weekend - Tofu House

So Chinese New Year the actual Sunday we are not meant to eat meat nor dairy products so bascially we are vegan for the day! As Chinese New Year Day means you can do any work like cleaning or cooking I tool my family out for lunch.

All the vegetarian places in Cabramatta were chockers but we were able to stumble into one in an alley way that only had a few patrons. Looking at it, the place looked new and as it is in a alleyway not very popular or known.

My mum ordered a noodle dish with tofu and I had a taste, it was slightly sweet, salty and sour-y all in one, it was really good. My dad, brother and myself ordered stir fried noddles with vegies, tofu and fake meat, this was SO good, so unbelieveably good, there was this slight curry flavour ot it but very light. We also ordered some spring rolls. YUM i would definately go back.





2 comments:

Cindy said...

I didn't know that Chinese New Year's Day is traditionally vegan! (Whoops, I ate heaps of dairy...) That food looks fantastic.

Thyme to Feast said...

I know I honestly didnt know either, my mum used to say ok Chinese NY day we can only eat [its one word in chinese but it kind of means] fruit and veg but when we were talking about it and she was about to eat a chocolate then goes 'there is no milk in chocolate is there?' and I replied 'yeah mum there is' shes like 'oh we cant eat that today'. I had no idea so i confirmed with her that it was no dairy, no eggs nothing...