Monday 5 February 2007

Depression food to make you happy

Feeling abit down in the dumps, i could have eaten something healthy but really i wanted some fatty feel good food and so thats what I did.

To ensure I eat something im happy with while not spending any money, I decided to make a Malaysian curry with a paste I had in the cupboard which I bought a while ago at the asian grocer.

It was so simple to make, with chicken thighs and vegies (carrots, potatos, broccoli and onions) and some coconut milk. Mix altogether and eat. It was really satisfying and had just enough oil to feel good but not sick. I had it with a bread roll, and was going to pop some vermecelli noodles in but then got lazy, hey you gotta have simple, easy, feel good food some days right?

So am I turning to food to ease my slump?...yes...
Ding Curry Paste


The Finished Product

Ahh Curry you make me so happy

2 comments:

Linda said...

yum-my. that curry looks quite tasty. i need to incorporate more curry into my cooking!

Thyme to Feast said...

Hi Linda yeah its so comfort food and I have frozen them in indivisual containers for lunch etc its great...although its really hot for me :)